With the spread of the Internet, it’s now much easier for disgruntled consumers to go into battle over a grievance, and potentially to do so quite publicly.
You need to ensure all of your staff are one step ahead, so you can protect your business as well as honour customers’ legal rights. Ignorance can put you on the back foot and lead to costly and unnecessary remedies.
Our legal specialists know the Sale of Goods Act inside out and can ensure your team are fully equipped to comply with the law or handle consumer challenges effectively. That saves you time and money and protects your reputation.
Our user-friendly workshops for staff and advisory briefings for management help prevent problems arising in the first place.
We’ll make sure you’re fully up to date with all the rules on how you present your goods and services for sale. Our experts will also help you resolve disputes quickly and satisfactorily, should they arise.
We work with businesses of all kinds across the UK, ranging from small online traders to large retail or restaurant chains. Our experts will advise and support you on:
- Consumers’/buyers’ rights
- Law relating to the sale and supply of goods
- Return policies: a guide for retailers
- Fair Trading
- Goods and Services
- Unfair Trading Regulations 2008
- Describing goods and services
- Selling on the internet
- Guidance for businesses
- Misleading Marketing Regulations 2008
- Trading standards law relating to licensed premises
- Advice for restaurant owners and managers
- Business names
- Hotels and guest houses
- Doorstep selling
- Food labelling
- Guidance on food products
- Guidance for food establishments
- Age-restricted products
- Product safety
- Weights and measures